2/21/09

Family Friend or Foe

Family, how does yours total up?


In what shapes and sizes are they? Do you have stragglers, ner'do wells, long losts, or pleasedon'tdarkenmydoorstep types? Or come on in let me pour you a Coke or a coffee and bring the cake out. Put your feet up, let's chitchat. Let's talk about Great Aunt Pearl or maybe pull the skeletons out of the closet. And didn't you see how little Joanie was walking finally?


It doesn't matter what you have or what is going on in their lives, the one thing I have learned is family is family. And whether you like them or not the same blood still runs through your veins and there is no changing that. Some family are like a comfortable pair of shoes, you can be yourself and some hold guard to your heart.


"You can pick your friends but not your relation"

Just because you are family doesn't mean you will all get along.

And family sometimes doesn't have to be blood at all.


I am learning with each breath I take, to take a leap of faith, because for as much as I am hurting without them, or I think I am, sometimes and quite possibly they are too.


When you think you are giving and sacrificing for them you end up getting back in return so much more.









1 comment:

  1. The new look is outstanding there Barb! I'll add you to my link list on Cosy Life.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Confetti would be nice - a comment even better.
Either one is greatly appreciated.