4/1/08

Not the Nelson, or the Cleavers

The last time I saw all my family together was Thanksgiving ,1973 I believe. I thought the chance of us getting together again was as likely as Kojack with hair and no lollipop in his mouth.
But we can always hope. I still am hoping but it is with 2 less people in our nucelus.
My brother is a cowboy with over 60 head of cattle in the middle of nowhere, at least to me, but somewhere to him, I'm sure. My sister is somewhere I think in Texas, sad as it is, I would be afraid to call and have her come over for fear she'd never leave with herself, her entourage of family and the voices in her head. My other sister is here in Florida, and mad at everyone and everyone is to blame. Don't ask. My other sister just had surgery and is trying to get her life back in Ohio. Of course we haven't talked in 2 weeks, but that was okay we needed some grieving space.
I rely on the power of prayer and what God can do in my life. I can always hope and always imagine and pray that someday if we don't meet down here we can meet and be together on another Glorious Thanksgiving Day.