12/6/14

Tucked in a Book-Author Unknown_

mom reading to her grandsons
After my mother passed, I "inherited" a few items from the little she had left.
Living in a nursing home doesn't afford much room, and you learn it's not the amount of things you have it's more about relationships that matter.

This poem was tucked in a book and I decided to keep it.   I don't know why, maybe because it was what she liked and it was like reaching across the room to touch a memory.






The Spirit of Christmas

I have a list of folks I know all written inside this book, 
and every year at Christmas time I go and take a look,
And that is when I realize that those names are a part
of not of the book they're written in
but of my very heart.
For each name stands for someone
who has crossed my path some time,
and in that meeting they've
become a treasured gem of mine.
And once you've met some people, 
the years cannot erase 
the memory of a pleasant word or a
of a friendly face.
So when I send a Christmas Card
that is addressed to you
its because you're on that list of folks I am indebted to.
And you are one of many folks who in times past I've met,
and happen to be one of those I 
don't want to forget.
And whether I have known you
for many years or few,
In some way you have a part
in shaping things I do.
This is the spirit of Christmas 
forever and ever endures,
and leaves it's richest blessing
in the heart of you and yours.

-Author Unknown-


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, and heartfelt memories of those

who have enriched your lives even after they've gone.

2 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful poem and captures exactly what I think when writing cards and addressing envelopes, etc.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a happy 2015 for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Confetti would be nice - a comment even better.
Either one is greatly appreciated.